Monday, May 10, 2010

I am back 2010.

Hi Everyone,

It has been more than a year since I've touched and looked at this blog. I know that no one reads this stupid thing now BUT i'm going to promote it soon so don't worry blog someone will come and read you soon.

I guess i won't waste much time but to start up my first ever post for 2010!

A fresh new start!

Today was mother's day. We had a tiny mothers day presentation at church today- got some of the yags and youth to come up to thank their mums. While I was writing a card for my mum and making her overnight bed in breakfast last night, I thought to myself, when would I ever tell my mum "Mummy I love you " again?

Some people may go : what? as if not tell your mum that you love her? I don't, I can't, I don't know how to

I grew up in a family where it was very awkward for me to do things that family do- hug my parents, d&m with siblings. I was talking to Tim on msn last night, and i told him this : " brb i gtg up to say hi to Gladys"

and this is what he said

"SAY HI?? OMG SAY HI TO GLADYS? FOR WHAT? SINCE WHEN YOU DO THIS"

and i said : " I DO THIS EVEYRDAY"

just that i don't go " hi gladys, how are you? how's your day been, how's your work going"

but i say 3 things whenever i go visit her

1. OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING
2. EWW WHY ARE YOU STALKING PPL ON FACEBOOK/WATCHING THAT VIDEO ON YOUTUBE/TALKING TO THAT PERSON
3. WHAT DID MUMMY COOK TODAY(if i wasn't home) or OMG GO TO SLEEP ALREADY (if i was home)

and that's it.

people always go: why are you so rude to your sister/ or, why do you talk like that?

and my answer is

"that's the way we communicate..it's weird when we try to be nice to each other"

I can't never imagine myself going to her saying : hey gladdi i'm so stressed out with my exam =( or, hey gladdi let's hang out!

but the good thing is, that my sister has been coming to tell me about her problems, it was awkward at the start..but now it's getting much better

Our sister relationship has definitely improved within the last year or so. We used to fight heaps, like heaps, over small things like : OMG just TURN OFF THE TV, no you're closer, no i'm not you are! OMG SHUT UP etc..

or even the worst things like

"omg do you know how pretty i am.."
"omg you think you're pretty..do you know how pretty i am??"

i know it's embarrassing isn't it?

After all, I really want to thank God for changing my heart and my sister's heart, and our attitude towards each other. I thank God that my sister. who used to bribe me and blackmail me that she'll never ever come to youth again has finally changed to become a sister now that really enjoys youth, and that she really wants to have a close relationship with God now.

Thank you father. Thank you for my family.

5 comments:

Tim said...

I hope Gladys finds and reads this. It shall be hilarious and awkwardness may ensue?

g l o said...

i hope gladys never finds out about this website..i'm sure she will because one day she's going to come into my room without knocking the door again and go..O..M..G..

Unknown said...

HAHAH so funnyyy...
It's even awkward for me to read this! so not you gloria. :P
but then it is true that we are not brought to say all the lovey dovey stuff to each other. the 'tan' genes. hahaha :PPP

Unknown said...

*brought up

Unknown said...

LOL you guys are hilarious. yes it's taken me this long to get back to reading your blog after you've been advertising it so much.

HI GLORIA!